|Sejong University Classes Spring 2017
Prof. David A. Mason
|Cultural Tourism Management
Exhibition of Traditional Lanterns 04.28~05.07
Eoulim Madang (Buddhist Cheer Rally) 04.29 afternoon
Gigantic Lantern Parade 04.29 early-evening
Hoehyang Hanmadang (Post-Parade Celebration) 04.29 late-evening
Traditional Cultural Events and Performances 04.30 noon-7pm
Yeondeungnori (Final Celebration) 04.30 7-9pm
Buddha’s Birthday Dharma Ceremony (every temple) 05.03 morning
1. Choose at least one of the above events that you can & will attend.
-- more than one is good!
2. Imagine that you are working for the Korean Ministry of Sports,
Culture and Tourism, and you are assigned by your boss to review
that part of this annual Festival.
3. Do any website research that you need-to about it and about
this holiday in Korea, so that you understand.
4. Attend the event(s), take notes and photos, including selfies.
5. Write a 2-5 page report to your Boss (length depends on how
many photos are used; should be at least 2 pages of writing).
6. Your report should evaluate the event(s), from a Cultural Tourism
Management point-of-view. Tell what you found that was good, right,
fun, exciting, interesting, pleasant/enjoyable. And, what was bad,
wrong, not fun / exciting / interesting, or unpleasant. Would you
recommend it for Korea to further promote for more international
tourists to attend? Why or why not? Pay special attention to the
"globalization" factors -- use of languages and such etc -- are they
adequate or not? What do you recommend that they change in the
operation of this event, for next year?
7. MS-Word file. Single-spaced, regular margins and 12-point font!
Do NOT just copy from any internet page!
8. Send this to Prof. Mason firstname.lastname@example.org by May 7th (latest).
9. Mason will judge you on English accuracy and vocabulary,
original self-writing skills, professionalism and content quality;
and how well you follow all the above directions.